Coffee popsicles are the perfect way to satisfy your sweet tooth while getting your coffee fix. Not only are they incredibly easy to make, but you can also customize them to your own taste.
Latte coffee popsicles
Coffee popsicles are an easy and delicious treat that can be made with just a few simple ingredients. Whether you’re a fan of iced lattes or cold brews, these frozen treats will help keep you cool while giving your taste buds something to look forward to! With my easy-to-follow guide, you’ll be able to make your own coffee popsicles in no time. Get ready for a fun and flavorful way to enjoy your favorite coffee drinks!
Coffee isn’t just for cold days! The next time you need a caffeine boost on a hot summer day, why not give coffee popsicles a try? These delicious frozen treats have all the flavor a coffee lover enjoys in their favorite iced latte, all in a popsicle. And since you only need three ingredients to prepare it, the hardest part about this recipe is waiting for your coffee to freeze!
Want more delicious frozen treats?
Made with strong-brewed coffee, these delicious treats are easy to make and a great way to cool down on a hot day. Enjoy them at breakfast, as an afternoon snack, or as a dessert anytime you’re craving something sweet and caffeinated.
Whether you like cappuccinos, macchiatos, lattes, mochas—or even just plain old black coffee—you can easily customize your own homemade coffee popsicles. All you need is some ice cube trays and your favorite ingredients to get started! So grab a spoon and let’s make some coffee popsicles!
Coffee Popsicle Recipe Ideas
This popsicle recipe is so simple to make! But that doesn’t mean you can’t change it up to suit your preferences. Try these recipe ideas to create some delicious coffee treats to last all summer long.
Add some flavoring
One simple way to change up this simple recipe is to add flavoring to your coffee mixture. You can try mixing in some flavored syrup, like vanilla or caramel, or mix some chocolate into your popsicles to create mocha pops.
Adjust the amount of cream and sugar
Since the amount of cream and sugar used in coffee is a matter of personal taste, you can easily adjust the amounts to suit your own preferences. Add more cream and sugar for sweeter flavor or reduce the amount of cream and sugar to help bring out the coffee flavor in your popsicles.
Start with cold brew coffee
To speed up the prep time of your popsicles, skip the chilling step and start with cold brew coffee. You can make your own cold brew at home or purchase your favorite bottled brand to create your own frozen treats.
Use espresso instead of coffee
Give your popsicles a stronger coffee flavor by using espresso instead of regular coffee. The espresso will add a flavor punch to the treats and give the popsicles an extra kick of caffeine at the same time.
Make them dairy free
It’s easy to make dairy free coffee pops! Simply replace the heavy cream with your favorite dairy free creamer or dairy free milk. After that, follow the recipe as written to create delicious frozen treats without the dairy.
Coffee Popsicle Tips
Making popsicles at home is a quick and easy way to prepare a frozen sweet treat. And with these preparation tips, you’ll be able to whip up a refreshing snack at home with just a few minutes of prep work.
- Always start with cold ingredients. To keep your popsicles from getting too icy as they freeze, it’s important to start with cold ingredients. That’s why you shouldn’t skip the chilling step after brewing your coffee. Adding hot coffee directly to the freezer will likely result in freezer burn – ice crystals forming on the outside of the popsicles.
- Store the popsicles on a flat surface in your freezer. Make sure you place the popsicle molds on a flat surface to keep them from spilling in the freezer. Storing the popsicles flat will also ensure each popsicle is frozen evenly.
How Long Do Coffee Popsicles Last in the Freezer?
Once you give your coffee pops time to freeze solid, they’re ready to enjoy right away. After that, they’ll last around one week in the freezer before they start to go bad.
You can store your popsicles directly in the mold. But if you want to make room in your freezer, the pops can also be removed from the mold and stored in a freezer bag. To keep the popsicles from sticking in the bag, try layering them with a piece of waxed or parchment paper between each pop.
What Is in Iced Coffee Popsicles?
Making your own coffee pops at home is so simple. In fact, if you’re a coffee drinker, you probably already have everything you need to make these frozen treats in your kitchen right now. To make coffee pops, you’ll need:
- your favorite strong ground coffee blend (you can use instant coffee if that’s your thing)
- Heavy cream
- Sugar (replace for honey, maple syrup or sweetener if preferred)
In addition to the ingredients to prepare the popsicles, you’ll also need a popsicle mold to make these treats. Since the recipe includes enough coffee to make 10 pops, make sure your mold has enough slots for all the coffee mixtures.
How to Make Coffee Popsicles?
You won’t believe how easy it is to make your own coffee pops at home. In fact, the instructions in this recipe are so simple, you only have to follow three steps to prepare it.
Prepare the coffee
Brew the coffee with water using your favorite preparation method. Once the coffee is ready, add sugar, pour heavy cream and stir to mix all the ingredients together. Then, chill the coffee for one to two hours until it’s nice and cold.
Make a cream layer
While the coffee is chilling, add a layer of sweet cream to each popsicle mold. Freeze the cream for one two to hours.
Layer the coffee
Once the cream is frozen and the coffee is cold, add the coffee mixture to each popsicle mold. Add the handles or popsicle stick to the silicone mold, then return them to the freezer for an additional four to six hours, until they’re frozen solid. If you don’t have a mold you can use paper cups for a chunky version of this recipe.
Create a custom-made, delicious frozen treat right in your own home by making coffee popsicles! Add in whatever flavors you’d like for a unique taste experience; or adjust the cream and sugar to find the perfect combination. Plus, store them all week long in the freezer for easy enjoyment when it’s time to indulge.
Pin to save for later
Print the recipe card
- 1/2 cup ground strong coffee
- 4 cups water
- 1 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- Brew coffee with ground coffee and water.
- Add 5 tablespoons sugar and 1/4 cup of heavy cream into the brewed coffee. Place coffee in the fridge to chill for 1-2 hours.
- Microwave the remaining cream for 30-45 seconds. You want the cream to be warm but not hot. Stir in the remaining sugar.
- Add 1 1/2 tablespoons to each slot in the popsicle mold. Divvy remaining cream equally as needed. We use a 10-slot popsicle mold.
- Place mold in the freezer for 1-2 hours until the cream is frozen.
- Once frozen, pour chilled coffee over the cream to fill each slot. Add the top and place sticks in.
- Freeze for 4-6 hours or until frozen.
- Remove and enjoy a cool boost of caffeine