Looking for a fun and easy Halloween treat? Look no further than these Halloween cupcakes! These cupcakes are perfect for any Halloween party, and are sure to be a hit with both kids and adults. Best of all, they’re super easy to make – anyone can do it! So if you’re looking for a Halloween treat that’s both easy and delicious, these Halloween cupcakes are perfect for you.
Whether you’re hosting a party or just need a fun dessert to serve for Halloween dinner, you can’t go wrong with cupcakes! And these scary Halloween cupcakes will be a hit no matter where you serve them. Featuring decorations inspired by popular horror movies and fake blood on top, these awesome treats are the perfect sweet snack to serve on the scariest night of the year. Get into the holiday spirit by crafting some of these spooky and fun Halloween cupcakes to delight your trick-or-treaters and your family!
How Do You Keep Chocolate from Sticking to Silicone Molds?
Using silicone molds is a great way to decorate your Halloween cupcakes! But if you’ve ever tried to mold chocolate, you know it isn’t always easy to create amazing designs every time. Try these tips for making the best chocolate cupcake toppers for your Halloween treats.
- Start with clean molds. The best way to get a smooth finish on your chocolate treats is to start with a clean mold. Make sure to wash your silicone mold with warm water and soap, scrubbing in all the crevices to remove any debris from inside the cracks.
- Make sure the molds are completely dry. Use a lint-free towel to dry the molds after you’re finished washing them. If you have time, it’s best to allow the silicone molds to air dry overnight. But if you’re in a rush, thoroughly dry inside each mold, making sure to soak up any moisture in the small details of the mold’s design. You can use a toothpick to push the towel down into small crevices, if needed.
- Chill the chocolate. After pouring the melted chocolate into the mold, immediately transfer it to the refrigerator to chill. Chilling the chocolate will help it harden more quickly and ensure that the entire design is fully hardened, which is essential for removing the chocolate without cracking it.
- Push from the bottom. Once the chocolate is fully hardened, remove the mold from the refrigerator and slowly push the bottom of the mold up to pop the chocolate out. If the chocolate seems stuck, carefully pull the sides away from the candy, then push up again.
Can You Make Scream Cupcakes Ahead of Time?
Planning a party is a ton of work, so it’s a great idea to plan ahead and make some of your recipes in advance. Luckily, you can make parts of this Halloween recipe ahead of time and assemble the cupcakes before the party.
- Bake the cupcakes. You can prepare your cupcakes up to one day in advance. After baking your cakes, allow them to cool completely. Then, cover the cupcakes and store them at room temperature until you’re ready to start decorating.
- Make the chocolate molds. The chocolate decorations for the top of your cupcakes can be made up to four days in advance. After the chocolate has hardened in your mold, pop out the decorations and transfer them to an airtight container. Store the chocolate decorations in the refrigerator.
- Decorate the cupcakes. On the day of your party, unwrap the cupcakes and top them with frosting. Then, add the chocolate cupcake toppers and red gel blood. Serve the cupcakes immediately to keep the gel from dripping or staining your party treats.
These Cupcakes are sure to be the highlight of a party, or get together for Halloween! They’re spooky, and a little creepy, and just what you need to set the tone of a great festive time. They’re really easy to make, and they’re really a delicious treat. They would be great on a Buffet or dessert table, and the Scream faces, and the Knife are completely edible. Be sure to keep this recipe in your Holiday favorites!
What Do I Need to Make Scream Cupcakes?
These cupcakes are sure to be the highlight of your next Halloween party! They’re spooky, and a little creepy, and just what you need to set the tone of a great festive time. And on top of being scary, they’re also really easy to make thanks to the simple list of ingredients.
To make your own scary Halloween cupcakes, you’ll need:
- White chocolate
- Black and red gel food coloring
- Baking powder
- Vegetable oil
- Vanilla Silk yogurt
- Cream cheese
- Heavy cream
- Powdered sugar
In addition to the ingredients you’ll need to prepare the cupcakes and icing, you’ll also need a couple of special tools to decorate your Halloween treats. To top each of your cupcakes, you’ll also need silicone molds for the Scream faces and edible knives.
How to Make Halloween Cupcakes?
Create some spooky treats for Halloween doesn’t have to be difficult! You just have to spend a little time getting creative! To make your own scary Halloween cupcakes, just follow these quick steps:
- Make the decorations. Since the scream face and the knife decorations on top of your treats are the key to getting that spooky look, it’s a good idea to invest some time into creating the perfect cupcake toppers. To make scream cupcakes, use the Scream face mold to create white chocolate decorations for each cupcake. Once the chocolate is set, add some black food coloring to the face to complete the spooky look. After that, create some chocolate knifes by using the knife mold. Then, give your decorations plenty of time to set and harden.
- Make your cupcakes. While the chocolate is setting for your spooky cupcake toppers, prepare your cupcake batter following the instructions in the recipe. Once the cupcakes are baked in the oven and cooled, top each treat with some icing.
- Add the fake blood. You can’t have a scary Halloween treat without fake blood! After decorating the tops of the cupcakes with the Scream face and knife, use your red decorating gel to draw blood droplets on the top of each cupcake.
How do you spread the icing on the cupcakes?
To get that perfect swirl of icing on top of each cupcake, use a piping bag fitted with a star tip. Once the cupcakes are cooled and the icing is prepared, pipe the frosting onto each cupcake in a circular motion, starting from the outside and working your way in. Be sure to apply even pressure as you pipe so that each cupcake is topped with a consistent layer of icing.
How do you ice cupcakes nicely?
There are lots of ways to ice a cupcake, but if you want your cupcakes to look extra special, here are a few tips:
- Use a piping bag fitted with a star tip to pipe tall swirls of icing on top of each cupcake.
- Use two different colors of icing to create a swirled effect.
- Top each cupcake with a chocolate decoration (like my scream toppers or knife toppers) or a festive sprinkles.
- Get creative with your icing flavors! Try using a different flavor of extract, like almond or lemon, to flavor your buttercream icing.
- If you want a really smooth finish, use a bench scraper to level off the top of the cupcake before you start piping.
How to decorate Halloween cupcakes?
There are lots of ways to decorate these easy Halloween cupcakes, but if you want yours to look extra special, try using some of these ideas to decorate the cupcakes:
- For easy Halloween cupcake ideas, try topping each cupcake with a different Halloween decoration, like a spider, ghost, or skeleton.
- Use black and white icing to create a spooky swirled effect on top of the cupcakes.
- Turn these into witch cupcakes by piping tall spirals of green icing on top of the cupcakes to create a “witch’s brew” look.
- Sprinkle some green, orange, and black sprinkles on top of the cupcakes for a festive touch.
- Instead of using this Halloween cupcakes recipe, try using this carrot cake cupcakes recipe and top the cupcakes with Halloween-themed decorations and frosting.
- Use food coloring to tint the icing different colors, like orange or green.
- Get creative with your flavor combinations! If you’re craving a pumpkin cupcake, try using pumpkin spice cake mix and cream cheese frosting for a delicious fall treat.
- Just like with any cupcake, you’ll need some liners to bake your Halloween cupcakes in. You can use black or orange cupcake liners, or get really festive and use Halloween-themed cupcake wrappers.
Will cupcakes keep overnight?
These Halloween cupcakes are best enjoyed the same day they’re made. But cupcakes will keep overnight if they are stored in an airtight container. To store cupcakes overnight, place them in a single layer in a container with a tight-fitting lid.
Cupcakes can also be frozen for up to 2 months. To freeze cupcakes, place them in a freezer-safe container with a tight-fitting lid. When you’re ready to enjoy the cupcakes, thaw them overnight in the refrigerator.
Scary Halloween cupcakes are the perfect addition to any Halloween party! They’re easy to make and decorate, and they’re sure to be a hit with guests of all ages. With their spooky Scream face toppers and edible knife decorations, these cupcakes are the perfect way to set the tone for a fun and festive holiday celebration.
So what are you waiting for? Get in the kitchen and start whipping up a batch of these scary Halloween cupcakes today! Your guests will be sure to love them.
If you enjoyed these Halloween cupcakes you might want to take a look at these fun bloody glass cupcakes too! And if you have any questions about the recipe or the decorating process, feel free to leave a comment below. Happy baking!
Pin to save for later
Print the recipe card
Scary Halloween cupcakes
For the scream face and knife decorations
- 2 cups White Chocolate melted
- Black Food Coloring Gel
For the cupcakes
- 1 1/4 cup Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Vanilla Silk Yogurt
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla
- Red Food Coloring Gel
For the frosting
- 4 ounces Cream Cheese softened
- 4 Tablespoons Butter softened
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons Heavy Cream
- 4 - 5 cups Powdered Sugar
To make the scream face decoration
- Melt the White Chocolate in the Microwave, and fill the Scream Face Molds with the White Chocolate. Place in Freezer for about 10 minutes to quickly set the Chocolate. Place 1 teaspoonful of the Black Food Coloring Gel in a small dish, and mix in 1/2 a teaspoon of the melted White Chocolate, stirring well. Using a small Cookie Brush paint the outline of the Scream Face with the Black Food Coloring Gel/White Chocolate mixture. Let dry for about 10 minutes. Set aside.
To make the knife decorations
- Add one drop of the Black Food Coloring Gel to the cup of White Chocolate, and fill the bottom part of the mold, that would be the blade, with the Gray/White Chocolate.
- Add several more drops to the White Chocolate, making it Black, and fill in with the Black/White Chocolate, for the part that is the knife handle. Set in the refrigerator to harden.
To make the cupcakes
- In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, add the Sugar, Milk, Oil, Yogurt, Egg, and Vanilla, and mix on low until blended, then mix on medium, until creamy.
- In a separate bowl, place the Flour, Baking Powder, and Salt, and stir well to blend. Add to the Mixer, and blend on Low speed, until mixed, then turn up the mixer, and blend until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl, and blend again until completely smooth.
- Add about 2 or 3 teaspoons of the Red Food Coloring Gel to the Cupcake Batter, until you have the desired color of Red.
- Line a 12 count Muffin Tin with Cupcake Liners, and fill the Liners 2/3 of the way full. Bake at 350 for 13 to 15 minutes, or until Cupcake are done, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven to a wire rack to cool.
To make the frosting
- In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, place the softened Cream Cheese, softened Butter, Vanilla, and Heavy Cream, and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Add the Powdered Sugar about a cup at a time and blend well between additions. Scrape down the Mixing bowl, and blend until smooth. The Frosting should be thick and creamy. If you need to add a little more Powdered Sugar, add about 1/4 cup at a time until you have a thick and creamy Frosting.
- When the Cupcakes are completely cool, place the Frosting in a Pastry/Piping bag with the large Star tip, and Pipe the Frosting on the Cupcakes, using a swirling motion around the cupcakes and bringing the Frosting up to a point.
- Place the Scream White Chocolate Faces in the Frosting, and add the Decorative Red Food Gel in lines, down the Cupcakes, as though it was blood. Place the Knives on some of the Cupcakes, and add blood/Gel to those as well.
- Keep refrigerated until time to serve. Enjoy!