If you love the flavors of the classic banana split, but hate dealing with melting ice cream, you’ll love this simple, no bake banana split dessert. Easy, quick and incredibly delicious, this refreshing summery dessert will become everyone’s favorite!
Banana split dessert
The combination of bananas, cream cheese, and pineapple chunks in this banana split dessert creates a delicious summer treat that’s perfect for any party. And since this no-bake dessert is made with just a handful of ingredients, you can prepare it in a matter of minutes! That makes this quick and easy cake the perfect option for your next party.
Other fruit desserts you will love:
- Homemade peach cobbler
- Cherry pineapple dump cake
- Apple roses in puff pastry
- Banana walnut bread
- Strawberry puff pastry
What Is a Banana Split lasagna Made of?
A classic banana split is an ice cream treat made with three different flavors of ice cream and topped with sundae toppings. To make a banana split, you typically need:
- Vanilla, strawberry, and chocolate ice cream
- Chocolate syrup
- Maraschino cherries
In addition to these basic ingredients, you can dress up your banana split with other ice cream toppings, like chopped nuts, crushed pineapple, strawberry syrup, rainbow sprinkles, or fresh strawberries.
No bake Banana Split dessert Recipe
With just a few simple ingredients and a few minutes of your time, you can prepare this banana split dessert for your next get-together. To make this no-bake recipe, you’ll need:
- Lady fingers: These delicious cookies make the perfect crust for any no-bake recipe. Create a crust for your banana split dessert by using premade lady fingers to speed up the prep time.
- Cream cheese: Instead of using ice cream, this simple recipe allows you to create a creamy layer for your dessert with the help of some softened cream cheese.
- Pineapple chunks: With the help of pineapple chunks, you can add even more banana split flavor to your dessert. The canned pineapple will help sweeten the cream cheese, creating a delicious filling for your cake. Drain the chunks well before using in the recipe (you can even use a paper towel to lightly blot the pineapple chunks and remove the excess juice)
- Banana: You can’t make a banana split without bananas! Add some fresh but ripe banana slices to your cake to give it that classic sundae flavor.
- Whipped cream: Add the finishing touch to your no-bake dessert with a layer of whipped cream. Use homemade whipped cream or spread whipped topping over the top of the cake for quicker preparation.
Banana Split Cake Topping Ideas
Once you have your cake prepared, you can add even more flavor to your banana split dessert with the help of different toppings. There are a variety of different toping options to choose from, which means you can create a variety of different desserts. Try these topping ideas to decorate your no-bake cake:
- ice cream syrup. One of the best ways to add more banana split flavor to this recipe is to drizzle syrup over the top of the cake before serving. Use chocolate, strawberry or caramel syrup to decorate your cake. Or combine different flavors for an even more delicious treat.
- Chopped nuts. Sprinkling a layer of chopped nuts on top of your cake’s whipped cream is a great way to add some crunch to your dessert. Use chopped peanuts or pecans to dress up your cake and add some saltiness to the sweet treat.
- Fruit. Banana splits are always made with fruit, which means adding some fruit to the top of your cake as decoration is a great idea. While the cake already features sliced bananas and pineapple chunks inside, that doesn’t mean you can’t add even more fruit to the top of the dessert. Decorating the top of the cake with more sliced bananas, crushed pineapple, shredded coconut, or maraschino cherries can help add a pop of color to the cake while also enhancing the flavor of the dessert.
- Sprinkles. Give your banana split cake a more festive look with the help of sprinkles. You can dress up the dessert with seasonal sprinkles, like red, white, and blue sprinkles for the 4th of July. Or simply add some rainbow sprinkles to the top of the dessert to give it a more colorful look.
Can You Make pineapple Banana Split Ahead of Time?
The best part about this no-bake recipe is that you can make it in advance! In fact, the longer the cake sits, the more flavorful it will become. Giving your dessert time to sit in the fridge allows the flavors to meld more fully, creating a delicious make-ahead cake you can prepare up to a day in advance.
If you plan to prepare your banana split cake ahead, just follow the instructions in the recipe. After adding all the layers to the pan, cover the dish with plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator. The cake can be chilled up to overnight.
While the cake can be chilled for several hours, it’s a good idea to wait before adding toppings to the cake until you’re ready to serve it. Toppings, like syrup and cherries, can run while the cake is being stored, which could cause the top of the cake to look messy. If you plan on adding toppings to your cake before serving it, wait until just before you’re ready to slice the cake before decorating the whipped cream layer.
Pin to save for later
Print the recipe card
No bake banana split dessert
- 8 ladyfinger cookies
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar to make the cream cheese frosting
- 1 1/2 cup pineapple chunks
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar to make the whipped cream
- pineapple rings to decorate - optional
- chocolate sauce to decorate - optional
- Layer the ladyfingers to the bottom of the baking dish. You might need to cut one of the ladyfingers in half, diagonally to fill the bottom completely.
- Slice the bananas and keep aside. Strain the pineapple chunks and lightly press with a spoon to remove the excess juice.
- Mix cream cheese with sugar and beat with a hand mixer until light and fluffy
- Add the pineapple chunks to the cream cheese frosting
- Layer it all in the baking dish, over the ladyfingers.
- Add a layer of banana slices.
- Mix heavy cream with sugar and beat with a hand mixer until light and fluffy.
- Cover the banana layer with a layer of whipped cream.
- Decorate with pineapple rings and chocolate sauce or leave as is. Transfer to the fridge and chill for t least 2 hours before cutting and serving