We love all kinds of cookies, and this cranberry cookies recipe with almonds and white chocolate is absolutely delicious! Bonus, they are also super easy to make.
Cranberry cookies recipe
This cranberry cookies recipe with almonds and white chocolate is a great hit, even when you replace some of the ingredients! These dried cranberry cookies are easy to make, as they need a standard cookie dough that stays fluffy, while the almond flakes add a bit of crunchiness to the texture. Mix in some cranberries and you get a surprising mix of flavors that is even great for Christmas. Roasted almonds are also great in this recipe, but of course you can use other nuts that you love.
MORE COOKIES YOU WILL LOVE:
White chocolate adds a very special flavor to this cranberry cookies recipe and makes a great difference from the classical milk or dark chocolate used most of the time. Of course, if you don’t like it, you can use any kind of chocolate you love. I just used it to make something different.
Chocolate chips are great and melt evenly, but you can also use a large chocolate bar and chop it into small chunks. This way, your cookies will have surprising small chocolate shards randomly inside them.
Can you bake with dried cranberries?
Yes, you most definitely can as this recipe demonstrates! I absolutely love cranberries and the red-white color combination in the cookies, but you can always substitute them with your favorite dried fruits or raisins depending on your own taste. It’s great to experiment with ingredients and see what you like more, like for example, adding in a bit of coconut to the dough.
How can you personalize your cranberry cookies recipe?
Some of you may love roasted, salty almonds, but fight with their family over them, as others may like them raw. You don’t have to bake a separate batch or buy two kinds of almonds. Just sprinkle a bit of salt over half of the cookies to please everyone.
Take it to the next level and use a bit of almond extract or even almond liqueur to get an even more amazing almond flavor. Just be careful not to add too much alcohol if children are going to eat the cookies.
These white chocolate cranberry cookies can become great breakfast cookies by adding oats, wheat germs or peanut butter. Freeze some dough so that is handy on a crazy-busy morning when everyone is on the run. (How about a take-away breakfast?)
I’m very curious about your experiments and how your cranberry almond cookies turned out, so please share your thoughts in the comments section!
How do you make cranberry cookies from scratch?
For this recipe you’ll need a handful of delicious but easy ingredients you most likely have on hand: flour, baking powder, baking soda, butter, white sugar, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla, white chocolate, dried cranberries and almond flakes.
Depending on how big you want your cookies to be, you will need to adjust the baking time. For example, for large cookies (about 3 tablespoons of dough), the baking time would be around 14 minutes. Half-sized cookies will only need about 11 minutes to bake.
Baking time can also be adjusted depending on the final texture of the cookies. Softer cookies bake for less time than dry, crunchy ones. The heat inside the cookies will still cook the dough while out of the oven for a crispy outside and a fluffy and buttery texture on the inside.
1. In a bowl, mix flour, baking soda and baking powder and whisk.
2. Place butter, eggs and sugar in a stand mixer and beat 5-6 minutes.
3. Add flour mixture and mix on medium until flour is incorporated.
4. Add white chocolate, cranberries and almond flakes and mix on high for a few seconds.
5. Drop dough by spoonfuls onto a baking sheet and bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly brown on top.
6. Cool completely before serving.
Pin to save for later
Cranberry cookies recipe
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 8 tbsp butter room temperature
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup white chocolate chunks
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 2/3 cup roasted almond flakes
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining with baking paper. Pre heat the oven at 350 F - 180 C
- In a mixing bowl, mix flour, baking soda and baking powder and whisk.
- Place butter, eggs, vanilla and sugar in a stand mixer and beat 5-6 minutes.
- Add flour mixture and mix on medium until flour is incorporated.
- Add white chocolate, cranberries and almond flakes and mix on high for a few seconds.
- Drop dough by spoonfuls onto a baking sheet and bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly brown on top.
- Cool completely before serving.
- See how easy and simple to make is this yummy cream cheese frosting - April 19, 2021
- Here’s how to make the best easy chocolate mouse cake ever - April 15, 2021
- The best chocolate mousse dessert that is perfect for cakes or cupcakes - April 12, 2021