Learn how to make the best air fryer chocolate chip cookies that are easy, simple and delicious! These delicious cookies taste just like the oven baked ones but without all the heat in the kitchen!
Air fryer chocolate chip cookies
Whether you’re baking a few for yourself or for your guests, making air fryer chocolate chip cookies is easy, quick, and there is little to clean up. After only 15 minutes of prepping and 5 minutes of cooking, these cookies come out to die for.
Nothing says “good host” like walking into a home and seeing a plate full with freshly baked chocolate chip cookies. The smell alone sparks comfort, happiness, and nostalgia in your house guests. When the time came for me to be the hostess-with-the-mostest, I decided to make cookies. Easy, right? Yeah, I thought so too.
Over two hours later I’m sweating profusely and cursing at a sink full of dishes and the huge mess I made. I vowed I would never make cookies again. That is, until I developed this recipe to make chocolate chip cookies in air fryer. Now when my friends and family come over, I’ve got a stress-free way to impress them.
Other cookies you will love:
- Chocolate caramel cookies
- Lemon almond cookies
- Cranberries white chocolate cookies
- Banana oatmeal chocolate cookies
- Strawberry cookies with cream frosting
How Do Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies Taste?
Equally crunchy and gooey, this recipe offers the perfect cookie to satisfy the texture preference of anyone. They come out golden, chocolatey, and rich with just a slight hint of salt that really elevates them to another level of deliciousness.
How Do Chocolate Chip Cookies Bake in the air fryer?
The air fryer is a countertop convection oven that works by sending hot air from the top and circulating it down and around whatever you’re cooking. This creates a speedy cook time and a crunchy exterior similar to a deep fryer.
Benefits of Making Chocolate Chip Cookies in the air fryer
- Simplicity: Once I opt to make this recipe, it only takes about 20 minutes before I have the perfect cookies coming out of my air fryer. The steps are minimal and easy. Best of all I don’t have to sacrifice flavor or tastiness.
- Heat Control: The biggest concern for bakers in the summer months is residual heat produced by ovens. Ovens not only take forever to preheat and cool, but they also cause the whole kitchen to get uncomfortably warm. By air frying chocolate chip cookies, your house stays cool and comfy. You can thank me when you get your power bill.
- Cooks Fast: The best thing about air frying chocolate chip cookies is how quickly I can get my sugar fix. If I preheat the air fryer first, it is ready to bake by the time I finish mixing the dough. Just 8 minutes later, I’ve got warm and chocolatey cookies.
- Texture: Ever wonder what a deep-fried cookie tastes like but you’re watching your waist line? By air frying your chocolate chip cookies, you get to enjoy deep-fried goodness without actually frying the cookies.
- Portion Control: Air fryer chocolate chip cookies definitely helps me with the overindulgence that often accompanies sugary treats. Because these cookies are baked in smaller batches, I’m much less likely to overeat them.
Tips for Making Chocolate Chip Cookies in an Air Fryer
- Freeze Dough: I don’t know about you, but I always have a large batch of frozen cookie dough in my freezer. If you’re like me, making this recipe is even easier. Simply spoon out frozen dough and load into your air fryer. Cookies in literally 5 minutes!
- Use Room Temperature Butter and Eggs: If you don’t have an abnormally large batch of frozen dough like me, be sure to soften your butter and bring eggs to room temperature before mixing. This recipe works best if your butter and eggs are room temperature because it allows ingredients to incorporate more easily.
- Cool Cookie Dough: After you mix your air fryer chocolate chip cookies, try refrigerating the dough for 25 minutes. Cooling dough allows the flour to fully hydrate which limits spreading and makes the cookie extra golden and caramelized. If you’re rushed for time, you can skip this but make sure there is plenty of space between chocolate chip cookies in your air fryer.
- Use Liner with Holes: Be sure to use air fryer parchment paper to increase air flow. If you don’t have access to air fryer liners, cutting slits into your parchment paper gets the job done just fine. Not cutting holes or otherwise limiting air flow will cause air fryer chocolate chip cookies to cook unevenly.
- Rest After Baking: When your cookies are done with their 5 minutes of cooking, try resting the cookies before you serve or eat them. Pull the basket or tray out of the air fryer and leave cookies in tray to rest on the counter for 2-3 minutes. Resting helps the cookie to set which makes them easier to pick up and enjoy.
Armed with these tips, you’re ready to master this recipe for air fryer chocolate chip cookies. Whether you’re trying to make a good impression on your guests or need a quick sugary treat, these air fried chocolate chip cookies are going to deliver.
What do you need to make chocolate chip cookies?
- All purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Salted butter
- Brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
How to air fry chocolate chip cookies?
- Add salt and baking soda to flour and mix
- In a mixing bowl, add brown sugar, sugar and softened butter and mix until creamy using a hand mixer. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix.
- Slowly mix in the flour. Add the chocolate chip.
- Cover the bottom of the air fryer basket with foil and spray with oil (or use air fryer parchment paper). Preheat air fryer to 300°.
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop out cookie dough. Roll into and even ball and place in air fryer basket. Leave room around each cookie to expand.
- Cook on 300° for 8 minutes.
- Once done let cookies rest for 5 minutes and remove to a cookie rack for further cooling. Ramp down cookies with a spoon for thinner results before cooling.
Pin to save for later
Print the recipe card
Air fryer chocolate chip cookies
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 sticks butter salted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 12 oz bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Add salt and baking soda to flour and mix. In a mixing bowl, add brown sugar, sugar and softened butter and mix until creamy. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix.
- Slowly mix in the flour.
- Add the chocolate chip.
- Cover the bottom of the air fryer basket with foil and spray with oil. Preheat air fryer to 300°. Using a small cookie scoop, scoop out cookie dough. Roll into and even ball and place in air fryer basket. Leave room around each cookie to expand.
- Cook on 300° for 8 minutes. Once done let cookies rest for 5 minutes and remove to a cookie rack for further cooling. Ramp down cookies with a spoon for thinner results before cooling.