This simple recipe for French toast muffins uses your air fryer to prepare a delicious cinnamon treat to start your day off right.
Air fryer French toast muffins
French toast is a delicious breakfast treat. But it can also be a lot of work to make! Instead of heating up your griddle to make classic French toast for breakfast, try making Air fryer French toast muffins this morning.
Tips for making French toast Muffins in the Air Fryer
If you’ve never made muffins in your air fryer, you’re missing out on a quick and easy way to bake a sweet treat. But figuring out how to bake in this handy appliance isn’t always easy. Use these tips for baking muffins using an air fryer.
Use silicone liners
The key to getting the muffin shape while baking in your air fryer is to use silicone baking liners. These small liners fit perfectly inside an air fryer basket. And since they’re oven safe and reusable, you can use them in your air fryer over and over again!
Find a small muffin pan
If you have a larger air fryer, a small muffin pan will also work for baking. You can find round muffin pans designed for use in an air fryer basket on Amazon. Or use a six-cup muffin pan on your air fryer tray for easy baking.
Want more delicious muffins?
Can You make French Toast Muffins Ahead of Time?
These delicious muffins are perfect for making ahead! The recipe can be made up to the point of baking, then stored in the silicone muffin cups in the refrigerator until you’re ready to bake them. Just make sure to take the muffin cups out of the refrigerator for around 10 minutes before you plan to start baking to help the ingredients come to room temperature.
French Toast Muffin Serving Ideas
These simple muffins are delicious on their own, but that doesn’t mean you can add a few things to them to create a full meal for breakfast. Try these serving ideas after your muffins are finished baking.
- Add some toppings. One simple way to dress up your muffins is with the help of some toppings. A drizzle of maple syrup or sprinkling of powdered sugar is an easy way to add some sweetness to your breakfast.
- Serve with a side of fruit. Fresh fruit is a great option for rounding out your breakfast. Melon slices, grapes, fresh berries, or bananas all pair perfectly with these sweet French toast snacks.
- Make some breakfast meats. The sweet and salty combination of breakfast meat and French toast is always amazing. Serve some bacon or breakfast sausage along with your muffins to make a full breakfast.
Ingredients for French Toast Muffins
Using your air fryer to prepare a small batch of muffins is a quick and easy way to whip up a homemade breakfast in a matter of minutes. On top of being packed with cinnamon flavor, these French toast muffins are made with just a few simple ingredients. To make this recipe for breakfast today, you’ll need:
- Cinnamon swirl bread
- Heavy cream
- Brown sugar
- Kosher sea salt
How Do I Make French Toast Muffin recipe?
French toast muffins feature all the flavors of classic French toast without the mess. And when you use your air fryer to cook them, you can also cut the cook time down significantly! That means you can whip up a sweet breakfast treat with just a few minutes of prep work using this recipe.
This quick breakfast snack can be made with in just four steps:
1. Prepare the French toast
These muffins are made of two basic parts – the French toast and the crumble topping. To make the French toast, start by slicing your cinnamon bread into one inch cubes. Then, combine the custard ingredients. After that, toss the bread crumbs in the egg mixture until the bread is fully coated.
2. Make the crumble topping
Once you have your muffin mixture ready to go, it’s time to prepare the brown sugar crumble. Start by breaking the butter into small, pea-sized pieces using a fork or pastry blender. Then, combine the butter with the rest of the crumble ingredients and stir until the mixture resembles coarse sand.
3. Assemble the muffins
Now that you have both pieces of your muffin recipe ready to go, you can start getting the muffins ready to be cooked. Scoop the bread mixture into the bottom of each silicone baking cup, then top it with a spoonful of crumble mixture.
4. Bake the muffins in the air fryer
Place your filled muffin cups in the basket of your air fryer and cook them at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. You’ll know your muffins are finished cooking when the custard is cooked through and is no longer wet or jiggly.
How Do You Store French Toast Muffins?
Since these muffins are made with an egg custard, it’s a good idea to store leftovers in the refrigerator. First, allow the muffins to cool completely. Then, transfer them to an airtight container. When you’re ready to eat them, warm them up in the air fryer or microwave.
Pin to save for later
Print the recipe card
Air fryer French toast muffins
- 6 slices of cinnamon swirl bread
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 1/4 cup of heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Brown sugar
- 1 1/4 tsp Cinnamon ground
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 1/4 tsp kosher sea salt
- Cut the slices of bread into 1” cubes.
- In a large mixing bowl, incorporate the milk, cream, eggs, vanilla, salt, and sugar.
- Gently toss the bread cubes in the egg wash.
- In a separate small bowl, break the butter into pea-size pieces (Using a fork or a pastry blender or your hands) and mix with brown sugar, cinnamon and flour to make the crumble.
- Scoop half a cup of bread cubes into a silicone muffin liner. Top with the crumble.
- Place muffins in the air fryer basket and cook at 350° for 15 minutes.
- Let cool, dust with powder sugar, and glaze with maple syrup.