Are you looking for something a little spicy to add to your margarita repertoire? Look no further than this spicy margarita recipe! This jalapeno margarita is the perfect twist on the classic cocktail, with a kick of spicy flavor that will really make your taste buds tingle.
Whether you’re looking for an easy cocktail to enjoy with dinner or a fun drink to serve at your next party, you can’t go wrong with margaritas! With the help of this spicy margarita recipe, you can take the flavor of your favorite cocktail up a notch. You’ll love the delicious combination of spicy jalapeno and tart lime juice in this flavorful drink recipe.
Jalapeno margarita recipe is simple to make and it only takes a few minutes. Start by muddling jalapeno slices with lime juice and simple syrup in the bottom of a cocktail shaker. Add tequila, ice and shake vigorously until the ingredients are well combined. Strain into a glass filled with ice and top with club soda or sparkling water if desired.
This spicy margarita mix is the perfect way to spice up your margarita game. Whether you’re serving it alone or as part of a larger spread, this spicy margarita is sure to be a hit! Try it at your next party and let me know how it goes! Enjoy!
Want more delicious drinks?
What is a traditional margarita made of?
A traditional margarita is made with tequila, triple sec and lime juice. The ingredients are typically shaken together in a shaker with ice and served over ice in a glass rimmed with salt or sugar. Some variations may also include agave nectar or other liqueurs for added flavor.
What does dirty margarita mean?
A dirty margarita is a variation of the traditional margarita that includes a splash of olive juice or brine. The extra ingredient gives the drink an earthy, salty flavor and a darker color, which is why it’s referred to as “dirty”.
How spicy should I make my margarita?
The amount of spicy flavor you add to your margarita is up to you! To make it milder, start with less jalapeno or omit it altogether. If you like things spicy, add more jalapeno slices and maybe even a pinch of cayenne pepper for extra heat. Experiment until you find the perfect level of spiciness!
How much alcohol is in a Mexican margarita?
A traditional Mexican margarita typically contains one and a half ounces of tequila, about three-fourths of an ounce of triple sec and two ounces of lime juice. The amount of alcohol in this happy hour drink will vary depending on how many other ingredients are added or left out.
What to rim a spicy margarita with?
A spicy margarita can be garnished and rimmed with a spicy blend of chili powder, salt and sugar. This spicy mix will add a layer of flavor to the drink that really enhances the spicy notes from the jalapeño slices!
Can I make this spicy jalapeño margarita recipe without tequila?
Yes, you can make this spicy margarita recipe without tequila. Simply substitute the tequila for vodka or any other spirit of your choice. You can also omit the liquor altogether or swap it with sparkling water for a refreshing, non-alcoholic beverage.
No matter how you have it, this spicy marg is sure to please everyone’s taste buds! Happy sipping and enjoy your margarita!
What is in a Jalapeno Margarita?
This spicy mixed drink is the perfect addition to any Mexican dinner. On top of being delicious, jalapeno margaritas can be made with just a few simple ingredients! To make your own spicy margaritas at home, you’ll need:
- Fresh jalapeño pepper
- good quality Tequila (we prefer blanco tequila)
- Honey or agave
- Kosher salt for the salt rim
How to make spicy margaritas without jalapenos?
You can also make spicy margaritas without fresh jalapenos by using spicy liquor like jalapeño-infused tequila or infusions with chili peppers or other spicy ingredients such as Sriracha, Tabasco sauce, or hot salsa sauce. If you don’t want to use spicy liquors, you can also add spicy flavors to your margarita by muddling spicy fruits such as habaneros, or even limes with spicy seasonings like garlic powder and cayenne pepper.
To complete your spicy margarita without jalapenos, garnish it with a spicy rim of salt, chili powder, pineapple chunks or lime slices and sprigs of cilantro or thyme
How Do You Make spicy margarita?
Making your own jalapeno margaritas at home couldn’t be easier! In fact, there are just three basic steps to preparing this simple mixed drink.
- Prepare the jalapenos. To add a spicy kick to your margarita, you’ll need to start by preparing the peppers. First, cut the pepper in half and remove the seeds. After that, you should muddle the pepper to help extract the juices.
- Extract the lime juice. Using fresh lime juice is the best way to prepare a classic margarita. That means you’ll need to squeeze the juice out of your limes to add to your mixed drink.
- Combine the cocktail ingredients. The final step to preparing your margaritas is to mix all the ingredients together in a pitcher. Add your fresh lime juice and muddled jalapeno peppers to the pitcher, along with the tequila and honey or agave. Then, give the ingredients a good stir to mix everything together.
What is the Best Way to Slice Jalapenos?
Since this mixed drink is made with fresh jalapeno peppers, figuring out how to cut your jalapenos is essential. Use these tips as you’re prepping your margarita ingredients.
- Wear gloves to protect your hands. The juice in jalapeno peppers can often cause a reaction when it touches your skin. To protect your hands and prevent the peppers from burning your skin, try wearing food prep gloves while you’re prepping your peppers.
- Slice the peppers in half. Start by cutting your jalapeno in half lengthwise, working from the stem to the tip of the pepper.
- Remove the seeds. Scrape the end of a spoon or the side of your knife down the center of the pepper to easily remove the seeds. If you want your margaritas to be on the spicy side, you can leave some of the seeds in the pepper while you muddle.
- Thinly slice the pepper. Once the seeds have been removed, you can slice the peppers into thin pieces to make muddling the jalapeno easier.
How Do You Muddle Jalapenos?
To extract the juices from your jalapeno peppers, muddling is the best option. There are two basic ways to muddle your jalapenos for your margaritas:
- Mortar. Using a mortar is the best way to muddle your peppers. Place the pepper slices in the mortar and use the pestle to press the pepper slices into the sides of the bowl.
- Wooden spoon. If you don’t have a mortar, you can also muddle your peppers directly on the cutting board. Place the pepper slices in an even layer and press down on the peppers with the back of a wooden spoon.
How Do You Serve Jalapeno Margaritas?
Once you have your margarita pitcher prepared, it’s time to enjoy your cocktails! Try these serving ideas to create a delicious drink for your next get-together.
- Rim the glasses with salt. One classic serving option for margaritas is a glass rimmed in salt. Start by pouring the kosher salt into a plate, then run a lime wedge around the edge of your glass. Press the glass into the salt, then twist the glass around on the plate to pick up the salt. Finish by flipping the glass over quickly.
- Add some ice. Fill each glass with ice to serve your jalapeno margaritas on the rocks. Or add ice to the pitcher to chill the drink without the need for ice in individual glasses.
- Garnish the drinks. Now that you have your glass rimmed and filled with margaritas, it’s time to add some garnishes to the cocktails! Try garnishing your margaritas with these ingredients to add that extra touch to each drink:
- Lime wedges or slices
- Sliced jalapenos
- Fresh cilantro
How Do You Make Frozen Jalapeno Margaritas?
Serving this fun mixed drink on the rocks is a quick and easy way to enjoy your spicy margaritas. But if you’re a fan of frozen margaritas, there’s one simple step you’ll need to add to your recipe.
Instead of mixing your margarita ingredients together in a pitcher, toss everything in your blender. Add a handful or two of ice, then place the lid on top and blend. Add more ice to the blender to thicken the drink, if needed, then pour your frozen drinks into a rimmed glass to serve.
What to serve with spicy margaritas?
Guacamole, chips, mango salsa and spicy Mexican dishes like tacos and burritos are all great options to serve with spicy margaritas. A dip such as bean dip, queso or hot cheese are also a great way to add some heat and take your party to the next level.
If you’re looking for something a bit lighter, try serving a spicy fruit salad or spicy shrimp cocktail alongside your margaritas for an extra kick! No matter what you choose, these drinks are sure to be the perfect complement to any dinner party.
Jalapeno margaritas are a spicy and delicious way to enjoy a classic cocktail. Whether you make your spicy margaritas on the rocks or frozen, this simple jalapeno margarita recipe provides the perfect combination of sweet and spicy that will have your guests asking for more! So grab your ingredients and get ready to enjoy a spicy twist on this classic cocktail. Cheers!
Pin to save for later
Print the recipe card
- 1 jalapeño pepper
- 2-3 limes
- 8 oz tequila any brand or style
- 3 tablespoons honey agave or simple syrup can be substituted
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- Cilantro, lime, and or jalapeños to garnish.
- De-seed the jalapeño by cutting it in half and scraping the seeds and white parts. Rinse the peppers and wash your hands thoroughly.
- Slice the pepper thinly. Thickness similar to a penny.
- Place the slices in a mortar and bring to a pulp with the pestle. If you don’t have a mortar, you can use a bowl or the cutting board with a wooden spoon back. You just want the juice to be extracted.
- Add juice and pulp to a pitcher
- Squeeze the lime juice from your lime and add to the pitcher. Add tequila to the pitcher
- Stir in honey until dissolved.
- Add your salt to a bowl.
- Rim the glasses with a lime wedge and place in salt to adhere to the rim.
- Add ice, margarita, and garnish.