This dairy and egg free cake is incredibly delicious! It’s super moist and fluffy and jam packed with chocolate flavor. If you’re looking for a decadent and easy to make egg free dairy free chocolate cake, you are in the right place!
Dairy and egg free cake
This dairy and egg free cake is one of the easiest cakes you’ll ever make. Best of all? You only need a couple of pantry staples to make it! I mean if that’s not the best we can ask for then I don’t know what it is.
More chocolate desserts you will love:
- No bake Italian chocolate salami
- Double chocolate cake recipe
- Best chocolate buttercream
- Wacky cake with peanut butter frosting
- Chocolate fudge cupcakes
- Homemade fudge with milk powder
When it comes to dessert options I always look for the ones that are easy and straightforward to make. After all, between kids, errands and managing to put dinner on the table every single night is not like we have a ton of extra time on our hands. However just because a dessert is easy and quick to make, it doesn’t mean that I’m willing to sacrifice on flavor!
This egg and dairy free chocolate cake tastes just like the one you would get from a bakery but it’s healthier and you only need a couple pantry staples.
How to replace eggs when making a chocolate cake
The great thing about this dairy and egg free cake is that it’s developed so you don’t need to use any egg replacer. Egg replacer is great when making vegan desserts but sometimes can be difficult to find, you may not have them in hand or might create some weird texture.
This recipe doesn’t need eggs at all and you won’t even notice the difference. We are just using a bit more baking powder so it rises high and fluffy.
How to replace dairy when making a chocolate cake
For the butter we are using oil instead of butter. Oil is commonly used when making cakes so it’s a great way to substitute dairy.
And for the milk? We are using water! Trust me when I say no one will realize you are using water instead.
Dairy free egg free cake
1. Preheat the oven to 360°F
2. Mix the wet ingredients
3. Mix the dry ingredients.
4. Pour the wet mix into the dry ingredients, and gently mix with a whisk until combined and lump-free.
5. Spray cake pan with loose base. Pour in the cake batter and even the top with spatula.
6. Bake in the middle of the oven, then insert a toothpick in the middle of the cake. If it comes out dry, the cake is done, otherwise continue to bake for a further 5 minutes, then check again.
7. Take the cake out from the oven and allow it to cool completely in the pan.
8. Dust with powdered sugar
Pin to save for later
Print the recipe
Dairy and egg free chocolate cake
- 13.3 oz water
- 2.8 oz vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 13 oz all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 8 oz sugar
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 360°F
- Mix oil, water and vanilla.
- Sift the flour together with the baking powder, and mix well with a whisk. Add in the sugar and cocoa powder and mix well.
- Pour the oil+water mix into the dry ingredients, and gently mix with a whisk until combined and lump-free.
- Spray cake pan with loose base. Pour in the cake batter and even the top with spatula.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for about 40 minutes, then insert a toothpick in the middle of the cake. If it comes out dry, the cake is done, otherwise continue to bake for a further 5 minutes, then check again.
- Take the cake out from the oven and allow it to cool completely in the pan.
- Dust with powdered sugar
- See how easy and simple to make is this yummy cream cheese frosting - April 19, 2021
- Here’s how to make the best easy chocolate mouse cake ever - April 15, 2021
- The best chocolate mousse dessert that is perfect for cakes or cupcakes - April 12, 2021