Boasting a delicious combination of rich chocolate and refreshing peppermint flavors, these festive Christmas donuts are the perfect way to celebrate the season. Whether enjoyed on their own or paired with your favorite cup of hot cocoa, they are sure to be a hit with kids of all ages!
Peppermint mocha Christmas donuts
Christmas is the perfect time to indulge in delicious, festive treats like peppermint mocha donuts! These sweet, indulgent Christmas donuts are made with a flavorful combination of peppermint and mocha flavors, making them the perfect treat for holiday gatherings or cozy winter nights at home. Whether you’re a fan of classic donuts or prefer something a little more adventurous, these festive peppermint mocha Christmas donuts are sure to satisfy your cravings this season.
These sweet treats are the perfect way to celebrate the holiday season, with their bright colors and cozy flavors. Plus, they’re easy to make at home, so you can show off your pastry-making skills and spread some holiday cheer among your friends and family. Whether you’re sharing them with family or enjoying them all on your own, this sweet treat is sure to get you in the holiday spirit! So why not gather your friends and loved ones this holiday season and treat yourselves to some festive and fun Christmas donuts? You’ll be glad you did!
More donuts you will love:
Types of Christmas donuts
This recipe focuses on peppermint mocha donuts. But some other popular types of Christmas donuts include chocolate-filled donuts, sprinkle-covered donuts, ginger bread donuts, or cinnamon donuts.
These tasty treats can be made with a variety of different flavors and ingredients, from rich chocolate to festive spices like cinnamon and nutmeg.
Additionally, Christmas donuts come in many different styles, including cake donuts, yeast donuts, and fried varieties.
Options for decorating Christmas donuts
From simple dustings of powdered sugar, chocolate chips or festive holiday sprinkles to more intricate designs using green or red icing and other techniques, the possibilities are endless. My delicious donuts are dipped in white chocolate and sprinkled with crushed peppermints and candy canes.
Other options might include frosting, drizzles of caramel or chocolate sauce, or even fondant decorations.
Tips for presenting your baked goods in a beautiful, festive way.
Whether you’re serving peppermint donuts at a holiday party, bringing them to a family gathering or serving these treats as a Christmas breakfast, presentation is key. Some tips for presenting your baked goods in an eye-catching and festive way include:
- using colorful serving plates or platters
- arranging your peppermint mocha donuts in fun shapes or patterns
- adding festive garnishes like holly leaves or peppermint candies.
- Additionally, you can pair the donuts with other holiday treats like hot cocoa, tea, or eggnog for a delicious and complete celebration!
Tips for Making Delicious and Satisfying Christmas Donuts
Whether you’re a first-time pastry chef or a seasoned pro, there are some tips and tricks that can help make your Christmas donut-making process easier and more enjoyable. Some key tips for creating delicious and satisfying Christmas donuts include:
- Always start with quality ingredients – this will ensure that your final donuts have the best flavor, texture, and appearance.
- Invest in good baking equipment – having quality tools will make it much easier to create impressive designs on your donuts.
- Be patient when making your Christmas treats – just because something takes a little bit of time doesn’t mean it isn’t worth the effort!
- Practice often – even if you’ve been baking for years, it’s always a good idea to test out new recipes and techniques so you can perfect your craft.
With these tips in mind, you’ll be able to create some truly amazing peppermint mocha Christmas donuts that are sure to impress family and friends this holiday season!
Popular Pairings for Enjoying Christmas Donuts
Whether you’re serving your Christmas dessert at a holiday party, gifting them to friends and family, or just enjoying them as a treat for yourself, there are endless delicious pairings that you can try. Some popular options include:
- Hot cocoa (or check out this recipe for a boozy version), tea, and other warm drinks – these make the perfect accompaniment to your sweet and creamy holiday donuts.
- Eggnog – this classic holiday drink is great on its own or served with donuts and other baked treats.
- Honey glaze or icing – add a bit of sweetness and extra flavor by drizzling your Christmas donuts with honey glaze or melted buttercream.
- Fruit toppings like raspberries, blueberries, and pomegranate seeds – these make a delicious contrast to the rich chocolatey flavor of your Christmas donuts.
How long do these donuts keep?
Your delicious desserts will keep well for 3-5 days when stored in an airtight container at room temperature. To extend the shelf life of your donuts, you can also refrigerate them or freeze them for later use. For best results, defrost your frozen donuts overnight in the fridge before serving.
Choosing the Perfect Ingredients for Christmas Donuts
When it comes to making the perfect Christmas donuts, choosing the right ingredients is essential. Some key ingredients for your easy donut recipe include:
- All purpose flour
- Rich, high-quality cocoa powder – this will give your donuts a delicious chocolatey flavor.
- Instant espresso powder – this will add a hint of coffee flavor to your donuts and help bring out the sweetness.
- Sugar – a good replacement for sugar is honey, which will add a subtle but delicious flavor to your donuts.
- Unsalted butter – this will help create a moist and tender texture, while also adding richness to your donuts.
- Eggs – these will help bind the ingredients and give your donuts a light, fluffy texture.
- Your choice of milk – this can be regular milk or a dairy-free alternative, like almond milk.
- Peppermint extract and peppermint candies – these will add a refreshing minty flavor to your donuts and create those beautiful red and white swirls.
- White chocolate wafers – these will give your donuts a sweet, creamy coating and add some festive flair.
With these ingredients as your base, you can easily create the perfect easy recipe that everyone is sure to love!
How do you make Christmas donuts at home?
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a donut pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and espresso powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, milk, butter and peppermint extract.
- Mix dry ingredients slowly into the wet ingredients until just incorporated. Fill the donut molds halfway with donut batter (you can use a piping bag). Bake for 8 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, melt chocolate wafers on low heat. Stir constantly until smooth.
- After the donuts have cooled, dip each one into the chocolate and spread it evenly over the top. Sprinkle crushed peppermints on top. Refrigerate for 20 minutes until the chocolate hardens.
These sweet and creamy doughnuts are the perfect way to indulge in some holiday cheer. Whether you choose to serve them on their own, pair them with your favorite warm drinks or glazes, or freeze them for later use, they are sure to be a hit among family and friends. So why wait? Grab your ingredients and start making some delicious peppermint mocha Christmas donuts today!
Pin to save for later
Print the recipe card
Peppermint mocha Christmas donuts
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup butter melted
- ½ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 12 ounces white chocolate wafers 1 bag
- ½ cup crushed peppermints or candy canes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a donut pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and espresso powder. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs, milk, butter and peppermint extract.
- Mix dry ingredients slowly into the wet ingredients until just incorporated.
- Fill each donut cavity halfway with batter. Bake for 8 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, melt chocolate wafers on low heat, mixing constantly until smooth.
- After the donuts have cooled, dip each one into the chocolate and spread it evenly over the top. Sprinkle crushed peppermints on top. Refrigerate for 20 minutes until chocolate hardens.