This recipe for a protein fruit smoothie is a great way to make sure you’re getting the protein you need for a healthy diet. The recipe includes protein powder, strawberries, banana and yogurt.
Protein Fruit Smoothie
Protein is an important part of a healthy diet, but it’s not always easy to get enough unless you eat meat or eggs. A protein fruit smoothie is the perfect way to make sure you’re getting enough protein in your diet. They’re quick, easy to make, and packed with nutrients. Plus, they’re delicious and can be customized to your taste preferences.
I’m a big fan of breakfast! I just love breakfast and I think it’s the most important meal of the day, I cannot skip breakfast or I’ll feel drained the entire day! Breakfast gives me energy for a few good hours so I rely on a healthy, filling, nutritious breakfast.
But sometimes I’m in a hurry (well…most times) as mornings are quite chaotic around here. Between getting Ellie ready for school, packing her stuff, preparing breakfast for her and my morning coffee, I barely have time to make some nice breakfast for myself. I try my best but sometimes it’s just easier to just skip breakfast altogether which is a big “No, No!” in my book.
But I have a backup plan: an easy, tasty, super quick and nutritious protein fruit smoothie idea. This strawberry protein smoothie is healthy, packed with protein and some of my favorite fruit and it only takes a few minutes to make, in between all the craziness going on in my house every morning.
Other fruity drinks you will love:
How healthy is a smoothie?
I think we all know that smoothies are a great way to get our daily intake of fruit. But sometimes we tend to forget that adding some protein powder to our smoothie will turn it into a more complete and satisfying meal, perfect for breakfast or even as a snack.
Protein powder is not only good for athletes or people who work out regularly, but it’s also perfect for people who are trying to lose weight or simply want to eat healthier. Protein powder helps us feel fuller longer and prevents us from snacking on unhealthy foods.
Are protein fruit smoothies good for you?
You bet they are! Protein fruit smoothies are a great way to start your day, especially if you’re looking for something healthy, quick and satisfying. They pack protein, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants which makes them not only good for you but also delicious.
What I love the most about protein fruit smoothies is that they are so versatile. You can pretty much add any fruit or protein powder you like, depending on your taste or what you have on hand. And if you’re not a fan of protein powder, you can always add some yogurt or oats to make your smoothie even more filling and nutritious.
The health and nutrition benefits of protein smoothies:
- protein helps you feel fuller longer, preventing you from snacking on unhealthy foods
- protein is essential for building and maintaining muscle mass
- it can help you lose weight or maintain your current weight
- protein is necessary for healthy skin, hair and nails
- protein supports a healthy immune system
- it helps regulate blood sugar levels
- protein provides energy and helps you recover from exercise if you workout
- protein fruit smoothies are a great way to start your day or have as a snack
What protein can you add to a smoothie?
There are many types of protein powders on the market these days and you can really use any protein you like. I usually use whey protein powder because it’s the easiest one for me to find and it mixes well with most smoothies, but you can also use casein protein, plant-based vegan protein or even egg protein.
The best part about protein fruit smoothies is that they are so easy to customize, so make them your own and enjoy!
How to choose the right protein powder for you?
When it comes to protein powders, there are many different types and brands to choose from. So how do you know which one is the best for you?
Here are some tips on how to choose the right protein powder:
- protein powders come in many different flavors, so find one that you like. Vanilla and chocolate flavored protein powders are the most popular and readily available.
- read the label and make sure the protein powder is high quality and contains all the essential amino acids
- if you’re looking for a plant-based protein powder, choose one that is made with organic ingredients
- protein powders can be expensive, so find one that fits your budget
- make sure you are not allergic to any of the ingredients in the protein powder
- gluten-free protein powders are also available
What is whey protein powder?
Whey protein is a high-quality protein that is made from milk. It is one of the most popular types of protein powder because it is easy to find and mixes well with most smoothies. Whey protein is a complete protein, meaning it contains all the essential amino acids our bodies need.
How to customize your protein smoothie
There are many different ways to customize your protein smoothie, so make it your own and enjoy! Here are a few tips:
- add your favorite fruits for sweetness and antioxidants
- use different types of protein powder for different flavors and health benefits
- add Greek yogurt or oats for extra protein and fiber
- add some nut butter for extra creaminess and healthy fats (like the highly popular peanut butter or almond butter).
- blend your smoothie with ice cubes for a thicker consistency
- add chia seeds, hemp seeds or flaxseed for extra omega-3 fatty acids
- add spinach or other leafy greens for added vitamins and minerals
- use almond milk or other non-dairy milk for a dairy-free option. Unsweetened almond milk is a better option if you’re trying to cut back on calories. Coconut water is also a good alternative.
- add honey, maple syrup or agave nectar for sweetness
- use some fresh ginger, nutmeg or cinnamon powder for a zesty flavor
- add a splash of lemon juice for a tart flavor and vitamin C
What are the best fruits for protein fruit smoothie?
There are many different fruits you can use in protein fruit smoothies, but some of my favorites are strawberries, bananas, blueberries and oranges. These fruits are all high in fiber, vitamins and antioxidants, and they taste delicious together!
Other great fruit options include: raspberries, blackberries, mango, pineapple, peach.
The best vegetables to add to a protein fruit smoothie
If you want to add some veggies to your smoothie, some of my favorites are spinach, kale, carrots and cucumber. These vegetables are all high in fiber, vitamins and minerals, and they add a great crunch to your smoothie!
Are protein smoothies better than fruit juice?
Protein smoothies are definitely a healthier option than fruit juice, especially if you’re looking for something quick and satisfying. Protein smoothies are packed with protein, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, while fruit juices are usually high in sugar and calories.
So, if you’re looking for a healthy breakfast or snack option, go for a protein fruit smoothie!
Ingredients in protein fruit smoothie:
- Protein Powder of choice – I like to use whey protein for the high essential amino acids; vanilla protein powder is my favorite.
- Banana – use fresh or frozen. I like to use frozen fruit most times because I don’t have to add ice and the smoothie gets a slushy like texture.
- Strawberries – any berry would do but I prefer strawberries for their sweetness. Use fresh or frozen fruit.
- Yogurt – plain or vanilla
- Orange juice – I prefer freshly squeezed juice but sometimes I replace it with boxed apple juice.
- Honey – raw. Unprocessed honey is always the best option especially in recipes that don’t require heating the honey, preserving its properties.
- Ice cubes – optional, if you use fresh fruit.
- Fresh peppermint leaves – optional
How to make protein fruit smoothie:
- Simply add all ingredients to a good quality blender and blend until no lumps are left.
- If you like to add a little peppermint flavor, add a few fresh peppermint leaves to the blending process or a drop of peppermint extract.
- Adding ice is optional!
If you’re tired of drinking the same boring protein shakes, give this protein fruit smoothie recipe a try. It’s a great way to start the day and a wonderful breakfast option for the people on the go!
Pin to save for later
Print the recipe card
Protein fruit smoothie
- 1 scoop Protein Powder
- 1 banana fresh or frozen
- 1 cup strawberries fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup yogurt plain or vanilla
- 3/4 cup orange juice fresh use apple juice instead
- 1-2 tbsp honey raw
- ice optional
- 3-4 leaves fresh peppermint optional
- Blend protein powder with fruit, juice, yogurt and honey and puree until smooth.
- If you like to add a little peppermint flavor, add a few fresh peppermint leaves to the blending process.
- Add ice when serving (optional) or blend your ice together with the other ingredients (my option). Or serve with no ice, it tastes just as great!