We constantly need inspiration for new and delicious recipes. Chocolate is great at any moment, and these chocolate peanut clusters are just sooo tasty! Today I’m going to show you the super easy-peasy way to make delicious treats!
Chocolate peanut clusters
These chocolate peanut clusters are a super fast and easy recipe that comes up in just a few minutes, so there’s absolutely no reason not to try it. It only uses three easy to find ingredients and you whip them up in the microwave to make it quicker. This is a nice recipe even kids can make and takes less than 10 minutes.
Other chocolate desserts you will love:
- Chocolate fudge with milk powder
- Fudge cupcakes
- Wacky cake recipe
- Double chocolate cake
- Italian chocolate salami
- Chocolate marshmallow popcorn bars
Being such a fast recipe, it’s great as a last minute treat for busy people that didn’t have the chance of making anything else for parties or holidays. You can even find yourself making a batch on a random Wednesday just because!
Chocolate peanut clusters are great easy gifts to make for your loved ones, and also for a small treat business if you already have one or you’re just planning your products. This is one of our favorite candies and it’s also super-easy to gift wrap. Just place them in a cute box or wrap in a cellophane bag and tie with a nice ribbon.
How to add diversity to this amazing chocolate peanut clusters recipe
- Use unsalted peanuts and add salt on top for a stronger flavor;
- Replace peanuts with pecan nuts, walnuts or other nuts you love, or use a nut mix;
- Top with sprinkles or contrasting chocolate sprinkles to make them more festive;
- Use whatever chocolate you like more. They will look awesome in white chocolate too;
- Add peanut butter chips to the mix;
- Top with a bit of caramel sauce or cocoa powder;
- Add your favorite extract to the wet mix: almond, orange, mint, rum, they’re all great flavors to use in chocolate. Liquor is also a delicious addition, but in this case, make sure kids won’t have any of it. You can use it for an adult get together though.
Melt different kinds of chocolate separately and have a nice mix of delicious candies for your dessert table. I guarantee they will look amazing even without any other topping or addition. This is the perfect time to use up any leftover chocolate.
You can also shape this mix whatever way you want. Place in cute themed shapes like stars, trees, gingerbread men, hearts or any other you like. This recipe allows you to use your imagination, so why not?
How do you melt the chocolate?
The microwave is the quickest way to make these amazing chocolate peanut clusters, but of course you can make them on the stove top also, using a bain-marie (or an improvised one). Use a double broiler or a slow cooker to avoid direct flame.
You can use tempered chocolate or non-tempered, that’s totally up to you. The taste will be exactly the same, but tempering will give your peanut chocolate clusters a nice, shiny finish. To temper the chocolate, melt 2/3 of it in the microwave for short intervals, stirring after each interval. After melting, take it out and add the remaining 1/3 of chocolate. The hot chocolate should melt the cool one, and at the same time dropping the chocolate batch’s temperature. It should start to thicken and become smooth and glossy. This is when you can mix it with your peanuts and get to the next step.
How to store chocolate peanut clusters
Chocolate peanut clusters will keep well for weeks at room temperature, just as chocolate does. They keep better in an airtight container in the refrigerator though and can even be frozen for up to 3 months.
I’m really eager to know how your chocolate peanut clusters came up and if you did enjoy this treat as much as we did. Let me know in the comments.
Chocolate covered peanuts recipe
What are the ingredients for these peanut clusters?
Believe it or not, you can make this recipe with just 2 ingredients. I opted to add a bit more flavor so I used 3 ingredients:
- dark chocolate (or your favorite chocolate)
- unsalted peanuts
- sweetened coconut flakes
How do you make dark chocolate peanut clusters?
- Melt the chocolate in increments of 30 seconds.
- Add the peanuts and coconut flakes and mix well.
- Using 2 spoons, drop clusters on a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- Refrigerate until hard.
Pin to save for later
Print the recipe card
Chocolate peanut clusters
- 2 1/2 cups dark chocolate
- 2 cups unsalted peanuts
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- Add chopped chocolate to a microwave safe bowl and cook 30 seconds
- Remove from the oven and mix with a spatula. Return to the oven and keep cooking in increments of 30 seconds until the chocolate is completely melted. Don't over cook!
- Add peanuts and coconut and mix well to coat.
- Line a baking sheet with baking paper. Drop clusters onto the baking sheet, using 2 spoons.
- Sprinkle more coconut then refrigerate until hard.